Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking back at 2011

While I haven't been blogging very much, I have had a wildly busy, crazy fun 2011. One of my resolutions is to blog more in 2012. I'm getting started with a look back at some of the highlights of 2011.

January

We were snowed in more than a few times, which left me lots of time to try new recipes and enjoy the Nook I received for Christmas.


We celebrated Dylan's Senior Night as a family. We had about 30 seconds to get on the ice and get in the picture and somehow we were all looking at the same camera at the same time.



Jeff was finally given an answer for his mystery skin condition and diagnosed with a gluten-allergy in late December. We went gluten-free on January 1st. We had so much to learn but we are much healthier, happier people now.

February

During the school break, my friend Nicole & I took the babes to an indoor petting zoo. It was a blast and it was hilarious trying to get the two kids to look at the camera at the same time. I was busy snapping away while the kids were practically jumping into the goat pen. LOVE these kids!


  
{Look how brave this boy is! Just like his mama!}

Anytime there's a vacation week, you can bet I'm having a sleepover with this little girl.


{This was definitely the year of the "pretty toes".}


March

We partied for DG DK's bachelorette party in Newport, RI. It was a great weekend with wine tasting, good food, a night out on the town, and ginormous sleepover.There were lots of obnoxious pictures, but this is the only one I'm posting.


We had a great time celebrating my mom's 50th and we actually surprised her!

My sweet girl turned two!! She is too funny; she had us lighting the candles and singing over and over, all while she snuck bits of frosting.


Jeff started a company with two dear friends and became the co-owner of what is looking to be a very successful commercial roofing business.


April

This cutie pie turned one! I could just kiss that face all day!

 

I started my blog with hopes of documenting our lives but did a pretty good job neglecting it instead. 

May

Donna & James got hitched! You can read about it here, here, and here.


June

Dylan's Senior Prom!


My baby brother graduated from high school! (Still can't believe it!)



We celebrated Jeff's 26th birthday.

Dylan turned 18!


We replaced the shrubs in front of the house! What a difference it made!

July

We had lots of summer fun and more sleepovers!

My sweet baby had surgery. This was a tough time for both of us but she did really well!



August


Nicole & I visited the splash park with the kiddos. We had SO. MUCH. FUN. I have way too many pictures but this is one of my favorites.



We were able to spend lots of time at the lake with great friends & family this summer. We always have such a great time there. The highlight of this trip was easily watching the boys  try to get on the jetski & playing the Real Housewives of NJ game!

{waiting patiently for the "word"}



We celebrated the last of KDubs KG's time as a single gal by spending the weekend on the Cape. We went to the beach, made lots of sangria, and had the best time going out to the beach bars & dancing outside!


I made some changes in my classroom & started my teaching blog.



We had more sleepovers! These two crack me up! They're the best of friends.




My Princess came to live with us forever! :)


September

Kristin & Scott got married! It was beautiful and we had such a great time!



I began my first semester of grad school!

 
October

We completed our pre-marriage courses required for our church & took our engagement pics on the Boston Common & Frog Pond, where we were engaged. :)


We hosted two Halloween parties and loved getting to dress up! Halloween is right up there with Christmas for us.

{Melissa & Joe Gorga from Real Housewives of NJ}

{Popeye & Olive}

We had another sleepover, filled with lots of dress-up, baking, reading, and playing.


Apple picking is our fall favorite. Every year we pick a different orchard and this year it was pretty quiet. It was so nice to just pick apples and enjoy the season.


Of course, when we got back we carved pumpkins. Another favorite activity.

{How precious is Jeff's carving of Princess??}

November
I turned 26 and had the most amazing birthday!


We began taking the Alpha course at our church, which was a wonderful experience. We also were able to go on a retreat with our group to Lake Winnipesaukee. We had an awesome time!

 

More sleepovers! I have treasured every moment with this little love! She is too much fun!
 

December

We celebrated for the entire month of December, had a beautiful Christmas, and hosted our first Christmas dinner.

This is the Christmas card we sent out, courtesy of Shutterfly. We also used Shutterfly for our Save the Date and the quality of the cards can't be beat. This was another engagement picture.


Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.
Hope your year was just as filled with all things wonderful and that 2012 is even better! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. OBSESSED WITH THIS POST. Makes me want to start up all over again!

    ReplyDelete