Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teacher Week!

It is Teacher Week over at Blog Hoppin' and as my girl Babbling Abby would say, I am 12 kinds of hooked! I was up embarassingly late last night reading teacher blog after teacher blog and all was right in my world. Let's just say.. I ended up starting my own teaching blog and Jeff was waking up when I was going to bed. Oops! It's that time of year, folks! :) 



You're probably thinking.. she started a teaching blog?? She can't even update her regular blog!! True. However, the teacher blog world is seriously exploding and I NEED to be a part of it. I've been linking up to posts with literally hundreds of teachers around the country, sharing best practices, funny stories, and starting legitimate friendships with these girls. Add that to the SERIOUS loot that ended up in my car today from Target, Walmart, and Staples, and you've got yourself a teacher that is R-E-A-D-Y to go to back to school. Well, except for the fact that I found out this morning (which was already super late to begin working on my class) that my room is off limits because the hallway isn't finished. I'm sorry, what??? School starts in one week and I don't get paid to go in early. So instead, I shopped til I dropped with a serious plan and a serious budget. I will post over on my new teaching blog, which is Diary of a Fifth Grade Teacher, in case you are wondering, with the details of my shopping trip because I think that only another teacher could appreciate the wholesome goodness that is taking over the trunk of my car.



This also may be the first and last time I link the two blogs because I'm not sure how I feel about the two overlapping. However, my classroom makeover WILL be making an appearance on this blog because I'm pretty sure I will have THE coolest classroom of all this year. I have a total overhaul planned and I have less than 12 hours to get 'er done. Yikes!

Teachers everywhere would cringe at that last sentence because anyone with a classroom, and perhaps those without, knows that you can't unstick 30 desks off a waxed floor (with your hips because nothing else works!), climb a pile 25 chairs deep, move said chairs, desks and tables back to where I left them when school got out, go through three cabinets of locked supplies hidden from summer school people, take down four bulletin boards, rehang four bulletin boards, create a math & science word wall, update state standards with the Common Core standards, oh yeah, and write complete lesson plans with activities for the first three days of school, in 12 hours. I need a nap just thinking about it! But oh. my. word. I am so excited about the changes that will be taking place in my classroom this year. Teacher Week got the spark ignited and it is a beautiful thing.

I would also like to take a moment to make the following announcement:

Even though I have lotsa goodies lined up to be automatically scheduled, I would like to officially declare this Wedding Week here at Life, Love, Dinner! This is the best time because I figure, I am so crazy occupied with Teacher Week that Wedding Week is the only thing that will make me want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment