Tuesday, April 30, 2013

18/19 week Bumpdate!



This week: It was a crazy, busy week at work. I'm not sure if I have ever been more glad to see a Friday! I had no energy to blog so I'm combining weeks 18/19. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary this past weekend! It's so hard to believe that one year ago we were saying "I do" and now we are expecting our first baby. It is surreal in so many ways! 


How far along? Currently 19 weeks!

Baby's size: Baby P is the size of an mango!



Total weight gain: As of my 18 week appointment, I was finally up 3 pounds. I figured it would catch up sooner or later!

Maternity clothes? Just the same tops & dresses. I'm just trying to make the most of my current wardrobe, which is much easier now that the weather is warmer and I can wear dresses again. I've been pairing sundresses & beach dresses with leggings and it is pretty comfortable. I also wore two of my new maternity dresses this weekend and I don't know how that is supposed to take me through to 9 months.

Stretch marks: Nope! Still using BioOil every night.

Sleep: It's okay. I've been sore the past few mornings when I wake up.

What I miss: Standing up without rib/back pain.

Movement: I felt a few "pops", kind of like popcorn. I can't figure out if it's the baby because it's so sporadic.

Food cravings: Mocha Madness Iced Coffee from HoneyDew. Delish!

Food aversions: I'm good right now! We went to the Melting Pot and I thought the chunks of raw meat would do me right in but I stuffed my face all night. No problem there!

Gender: I was thinking girl, then I was thinking boy, now I have no clue what's going on. Our big ultrasound is this Thursday!

Symptoms: I have some intense rib/back pain on my left side when I stand too long, as in when I'm teaching all day. No good. I've also been going on long walks with Rocky and after a mile or so it starts acting up. Not sure if it's because I can't get comfortable at night or because things are stretching out.

Mood: Happy! A few cranky moments here and there but mostly happy! :)

Looking forward to: Our big ultrasound & planning a reveal party! 










7 comments:

  1. 18 weeks! I felt great around that time! I had HG until about 14 weeks but felt great my second trimester. The back pain is awful, this didn't start for me until my third trimester. I'm glad the weather is finally breaking because I pretty much can't wear anything besides dresses these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The popcorn pops are most definitely baby! Just wait until the babe gets bigger and you can see the little babe rolling and kicking about. So amazing!! Loving that little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that dress with your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for finding out the gender soon and Happy Anniversary! Thanks for linking up lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Aren't these flutters so amazing? I'm loving it! We find out the gender on Thursday too, I'm so excited! Can't wait to see what you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So are you finding out the gender on Thursday or are you waiting to be surprised? It's so exciting! So funny that you said it feels like popcorn...I just started feeling the baby this week and told my hubby that the only way I could describe it was like popcorn popping in my stomach!

    ReplyDelete