Monday, April 15, 2013

Pray for Boston.

Tonight, I still can't pull myself away from the news. I can't stop checking my phone & Facebook for updates from loved ones. My heart is broken. Today, my deepest fears became reality. Today, my beloved city of Boston endured a terror attack that will forever change us. 

The Boston Marathon has always been a kick-off to April school vacation week, a great celebration of Patriots Day, as thousands head into the city to watch the race, celebrate with the runners, soak up the sunshine, and enjoy our city. I'm having trouble putting my thoughts into words because my heart is so broken, but today that was taken from us. Boston was changed today. Though, as President Barack Obama said,  “Boston is a tough and resilient town; so are its people. I'm supremely confident that Bostonians will pull together, take care of each other and move forward as one proud city”.

Pray for the city. Pray for the families, the spectators, the runners, the victims. Pray for our first responders and the medical personnel caring for the wounded. Pray for those who waited and waited for news from family & friends. Pray for those who are still waiting. Please pray for Boston.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me sooo sick!! I can't stop watching the news it just so awful

    ReplyDelete