Wednesday, July 31, 2013

32 week Bumpdate!



My big belly is actually making my boobs and eyes look smaller.
I never thought it would be possible to look like I have a small(er) chest. 
I always feared that my already squinty eyes would start to get squished in my face.
Shoot!

This week: We had our baby shower on Sunday!! It was such a fun day and it was so amazing to be surrounded by so many people who love our girl already and who are so happy for us. I cannot wait to share pictures!

How far along? 32 weeks! Iyy yi yi!

Baby's size: Baby P is the size of a squash! Pretty sure I've seen squash on this list before AND I'm pretty sure a pineapple is bigger than this thing. I've also heard she's the size of a jicama, whatever that is. She's actually about 4 lbs, according to our last ultrasound.




Total weight gain: 14 lbs. woof!

Maternity clothes? Still in cotton dresses as often as possible, thankfully mostly regular dresses, too. I hate spending money on maternity clothes so I'm not doing it! Hubby's gym shorts are comfy, too! 

Stretch marks: My thighs and hips :( It seems like the teeny tiny ones I had are just spreading out. 

Sleep: It's okay. Getting up in the middle of the night is the worst but inevitable. I have been SO tired lately and I hope I can catch up on sleep next week when summer school is over and I don't need to get up so early.

Best moment this week: Our baby shower!! It was perfect!



What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and energy! I am SO tired lately!

Movement: Lots and lots. She is moving constantly and her movements are so big and sometimes painful. I can feel body parts jabbing out and my stomach jumps around all the time.

Food cravings: Pretty much just everything I see anyone else eating. And chocolate banana smoothies.

Food aversions: Nothing new.

Gender: Pink everything!!

Belly button - in or out? It's pretty much out at this point. I've actually seen it pop out like a turkey timer when the baby moves sometimes and it is usually sticking out through my shirt.

Wedding rings - on or off? On. I try to pull them off at random times to make sure I still can and so far, so good.

Symptoms: Pelvic pain is back. So, so tired. Pregnancy brain like whoa. - The other day I threw a load of Jeff's baseball uniforms in the dryer, threw a couple of dryer sheets on top and that was it. I never dried it. Jeff opened the dryer to find his clothes wet. Oops! (Um, and I actually couldn't remember what the other symptom was that I had and literally sat here for five minutes thinking, what the heck was I going to write?? Pregnancy brain is real.)

Mood: Happy and sleepy.

Looking forward to: 3 more days of summer school and then I'll really have the time to tackle the nursery. It looks like a bomb went off in there after the shower and I can't wait to finish organizing it! 



BUSY BEE  

10 comments:

  1. Pregnancy brain is DEFINITELY a real thing! I remember getting up and walking from the front of the house to the back, and then completely forgetting why, lol! Don't worry about the weight gain, you are doing great. And the nursery after the showers? My OCD tendencies went crazy after our showers because everything was everywhere. We were so thankful to get so much stuff, but at the same time, I was freaking out until it was all put away and organized!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved you said your stomach makes your boobs look small...I just told my friend that about myself the other day!! Too funny!

    Oh sleeping on my stomach...yes I miss that the most!! Pregnancy brain is sooo real and soo annoying!! Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself to make it through!

    Can't wait to hear all about your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you got to have your shower! And I definitely feel you on the stretch marks. Although I will say I am glad mine are on my hips and thighs instead of the front of my stomach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG pregnancy brain! HAHA SO REAL! :) And YAY for baby showers!!! Please tell me you're recapping it!!

    Also - you look SO GOOD! DO not feel like your eyes are getting squished away - I think you look so pretty in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so adorable!! I love baby showers!! I would love to send you some cute bows for your babe! :) And it's so funny, because when I first was pregnant, my boobs got HUGE and i hated it, and now my belly is so big that you can't even tell that my boobs are big anymore. haHAha! Pregnancy is ridiculous sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pregnancy brain will soon turn into baby brain and be even worse!! I feel like a complete idiot most days!! haha So sorry about your pelvic pain...it is the worst! But luckily it will go away as soon as you have your sweet baby :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Your baby shower looked gorgeous! Please do a post on it! I didn't have a baby shower with my first. This time my Mom & best friend tried to organize a Sprinkle for me but, since most of my family/friends have to travel 6 hours to my house, no one could really come. =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting that you had a shower!! I have stretch marks on my thighs and boobs - some old some probably new. Boo! Oh well!! Will be worth it in the end I figure! you look great though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. heheehe totally get the boobs thing! i keep thinking MAN THOSE LOOK SMALL! who woulda ever thunk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second the boob thing! It blows my mind! And if I like, lift/smoosh up my boobs it's AMAZING how much bigger my belly looks too. I think my boobs bulk me up in general, haha. Damn big boobs. Also, I currently rock B's gym shorts 24/7 when I can. He claims he wants them back, muahaha... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete